We tried two versions of this delicious soup while in Rome during March 2007.
This recipe comes from the Joy of Cooking cookbook.
- 3 cups chicken stock (or vegetable broth)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dry unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- freshly grated lemon zest (optional)
- Bring stock to a simmer in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk together the egg, cheese, breadcrumbs, parsley, and garlic.
- Stir this mixture rapidly into the simmering stock and stir until the egg is set, 30 to 60 seconds.
- Ladle into warmed bowls and garnish with lemon zest.
Tim's Rating: 8.5/10
Liz's Rating: 8.5/10