The frittata recipe in Joy of Cooking, but modified.
- Olive oil
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 4 ounces fresh spinach (2/3 of a bag)
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onions, and cook, stirring, until golden brown.
- Add spinach and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper.
- Transfer vegetables to a strainer to drain off the excess oil. Let cool completely.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs, salt, and pepper together until smooth.
- Add cooled vegetables and Parmesan.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil (or butter) in skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, pour in the egg mixture. Reduce the heat and cook until the bottom is set, then place under broiler for 30 to 60 seconds to finish cooking.
- Loosen the frittata with a spatula and slide it onto a plate. Cut into wedges.
Tim's Rating: 8/10
Liz's Rating: 9/10