Giada's recipe, featured on Brooke's blog.
- 8 ounces whole wheat lasagna noodles
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1 (15 oz) container whole-milk ricotta
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/8 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1.5 cups marinara sauce
- 3/4 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to boil over high heat. Add the pasta and partially cook until tender but still firm to the bite, about 6-8 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper. Add the shrimp and garlic to the pan and saute until shrimp are cooked, about 4 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and let cool. Coarsely chop the cooled shrimp and place in a bowl with 1 cup ricotta cheese, the Parmesan cheese, eggs, basil, 3/8 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon pepper, and the nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- In another bowl, combine the marinara sauce with remaining 1 cup ricotta and stir to combine.
- To make lasagna, cover the bottom of a baking dish with 1/2 cup marinara mixture. Lay 4 noodles flat on a dry work surface. Spread about 1/4 cup shrimp mixture evenly over each noodle. Roll up and place seam-side down in the baking dish. Repeat twice more to make 6-8 lasagna rolls.
- Drizzle the rolls with the remaining marinara mixture and top with mozzarella. Bake until lasagna rolls are heated through and cheese begins to brown, about 25 minutes.
Tim's Rating: 8/10
Liz's Rating: 9/10