- 1lb. boneless skinless chicken tenders
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- All-purpose flour, for dredging
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup brined capers, thoroughly rinsed
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Dredge chicken in flour and shake off excess.
In a large skillet over medium high heat, melt 2 tablespoons of butter with 2 tablespoons olive oil. When butter and oil start to sizzle, add chicken and cook for 3 minutes. When chicken is browned, flip and cook other side for 3 minutes. Remove and transfer to plate.
Into the pan add the lemon juice, stock and capers. Return to stove and bring to boil, scraping up brown bits from the pan for extra flavor. Check for seasoning. Return all the chicken to the pan and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove chicken to platter. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with parsley.
Suggested Beverage: Pinot Grigio (Lindeman's Bin 85 Sauvignon Blanc)
Notes: I like the sauce, but the chicken was a little blah.
Tim's Rating: 7/10 ("It's fine, I'd eat it, I just don't like it that much. I'd rather eat tacos if I had the choice.")
Tim's Second Helping: 8/10 ("It's growing on me, I am changing my rating to an 8.")
Liz's Rating: 8/10