Dunkley, originally from IowaGirlEats
- 2 cups cooked quinoa (about 3/4 cup uncooked)
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded or diced vegetables (I've used steamed broccoli and sauteed spinach)
- 1 cup shredded cheese (I used sharp cheddar)
- 1/2 cup diced meat or additional vegetables (I used ham)
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped (omitted)
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 green onions, sliced
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Liberally spray a mini muffin tin with non-stick spray and spoon mixture to the top of each cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges of the cups are golden brown.
- Let cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the mini muffin tin.
I had some quinoa left over after making a few batches of Quinoa with Black Beans and Cilantro for a neighborhood party. Luckily, my friend Sarah had just posted Cheesy Quinoa Cups on her blog. I dug through my refrigerator and had all the ingredients except parsley on hand. Voila! A delicious, portable snack.
Next time I make these, I may try using shredded Swiss (I love ham, spinach, and Swiss cheese together), or add some spices or herbs. Really any flavor combination should work!
Liz's Rating: 8.5/10
Tim's Rating: 8/10
Henry's Rating: ate three
(Yes, we have a new little guy in our life. He's 11 months old, and we'll blame the blog hiatus on him. Luckily, he loves to eat-- anything and everything. I'll include him as a rater from now on.)