Potatoes from our friends Scott and Katie's garden and garlic and broccoli from the Farmers Market
as well as
Moosewood Restaurant's Low-Fat Favorites Cookbook
- 4 baking potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, pressed or minced
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper flakes (I used a heaping 1/4 teaspoon and still didn't find it spicy at all)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 bunch broccoli or broccoli rabe, minced (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup water
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 pitted black olives, sliced (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Slice the potatoes in half lengthwise and bake, cut side down, on a baking sheet for about 45 minutes, until soft. Remove from the oven.
- Sauté the garlic and pepper flakes in the oil for 1 minute. Add the broccoli and water, cover, and simmer for about 15 minutes.
- When the potato halves are cool, scoop out the centers, leaving 1/4 inch of pulp on the skin. Mash the scooped-out potato pulp and stir it into the stuffing. Add salt and pepper.
- Refill the potato skins and bake for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with sliced olives and serve.
Nutritional Information (per 10-oz serving):
228 calories, 5.9g protein, 5.7g fat, 41.4g carbohydrates, 0.7g saturated fatty acids, 0.4g polyunsaturated fatty acids, 1.8g monounsaturated fatty acids, 0mg cholesterol, 333mg sodium, 5.9g total dietary fiber
Notes: Very easy to make. While these bake for a while, prep and cleanup are very easy. I added about 1/4 cup of grated Parmesan into the mixture before stuffing the potatoes. What can I say, I love cheese!
Liz's Rating: 9/10
Tim's Rating: 9/10