- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 10 ounces beef broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- tortillas or rice
- garnishes: cheese, sour cream, salsa, lettuce
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Cook beef until evenly brown. Pour off excess fat.
- Stir in tomatoes, beef broth and water.
- Season with garlic, chili powder, cumin, black pepper, and salt.
- Place in slow cooker, and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- Serve in tortillas or over rice.
Tim's Rating: 9/10
Liz's Rating: 8/10
Notes: The result has a lot of liquid. If you want it more like traditional taco meat, put in 1/2 the broth and change the canned tomatoes to 1/2 can tomato paste.