- 1 pound dried split peas
- 10 cups water
- 1 pound kielbasa, sliced
- 1 Tablespoon Penzey's chicken soup base
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- In a 5 quart slow cooker, combine the peas, water, kielbasa, bouillon, carrot, celery, garlic powder, oregano, bay leaves, and onion.
- Cover, and cook on High for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove bay leaves before ladling into bowls.
Liz's rating: 5/10
Notes: Next time I think I will brown the kielbasa slices prior to adding them to the slow cooker.