- 3 Tbsp. white sugar
- 1 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 1/2 cups all−purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- In a small bowl combine sugar and cinnamon for topping. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, soda and salt. Mix well with a whire whisk
- and set aside.
- In a large bowl blend sugars with an electric mixer set at medium speed. Add
- the butter, and mix to form a grainy paste. Scrape eides of bowl, then add
- the eggs and vanilla extract. Mix at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add the flour mixture and blend at low speed just until combined. Do not
- overmix. Shape dough into 1−inch balls and roll each ball in cinnamon−sugar
- Place onto ungreased cookie sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake for 17−20 minutes.
- Immediately transfer cookies with a spatula to a cool, flat surface.
Suggested Beverage: double espresso
Liz's Rating: 10/10