A favorite dish at D'Amico and Sons deli, and a recipe found at Kowalski's market.
- 1 (16 oz.) box rigatoni pasta
- 1 lb. cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 (8-9 oz.) pkg. dried cherries
- 3/4 cup chopped sweet yellow onion
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tbs. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup baker's sugar
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 cup toasted almonds, divided
- Prepare pasta according to package directions; rinse with cold water and drain.
- In large bowl, combine pasta, chicken, cherries, onion and celery.
- In small bowl, combine mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, salt, pepper and poppy seeds until thoroughly combined.
- Stir salad dressing into salad ingredients along with 3/4 cup almonds; top with remaining almonds.
Tim's Rating: 9.5/10
Liz's Rating: 9.5/10