Tim takes his lunch to work everyday, as he doesn't have time to leave the pharmacy to purchase lunch. I try to take my lunch every day unless I have plans with my friends or colleagues.
Tim loves sandwiches! Here are a few sandwich ideas to mix things up:
- hummus with shredded veggies (carrots, bell peppers, cucumbers)
- cucumber, cream cheese, and dill
- brie with sliced apples or pears
- fresh mozzarella with roasted red peppers, pesto, or sun-dried tomatoes
- Tomato Sandwich with Basil Mayonnaise
- Egg Salad with Radishes and Scallions
- roast beef, cheddar, dill mustard
- chicken or turkey, mayonnaise mixed with dill and onion/garlic powder
- salami, pickles, cream cheese or mustard
- Cuban (roast pork, ham, mustard, pickles)
- leftover steak with caramelized onions, blue cheese, and arugula
I cannot deal with daily sandwiches; I get sick of them.
I love pasta salad, however. It's easy to make a large pasta salad on the weekend or a weeknight, and you'll usually get 4-6 portions out of one big batch.
- Chicken Gorgonzola Pasta Salad
- Pasta Salad with Tomatoes, Arugula, Pine Nuts, and Herbs
- Southwestern Chili-Mac Salad
- Cherry Chicken Pasta Salad
- tuna, sharp cheddar cheese chunks, celery, mayonnaise, mustard, dill, garlic powder (pictured)
- Ham and Cheese on Rye Bread Salad
- Quinoa with Black Beans and Cilantro
- Basmati Rice Salad with Cauliflower and Potatoes
- Chicken, Rice, and Black Bean Salad
- homemade hummus (including varieties like Taco Hummus or Black Bean Hummus) with veggies and/or pita
- hardboiled eggs
- roasted unsalted almonds
- cucumber with cream cheese
- celery sticks with peanut butter and raisins
- string cheese
- wasabi peas
If you have a microwave at work, you may want to check out some soup recipes, too!
What are your favorite bring-your-own lunches and snacks? I am always looking for new ideas!