The first fresh apples of the season!
Moosewood Restaurant Cooks at Home
- 1 sweet, crunchy apple (Empire, Mutsu, or I used Zesta)
- 2-3 celery stalks
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue or Roquefort Cheese
- 2 servings of salad greens
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Core the apple and cut it into 1/2-inch pieces. Thinly slice the celery. Combine the apples, celery, and crumbled cheese in a serving bowl. Add the greens to the bowl.
- In a cup, use a fork to whisk together the vinegar or lemon juice, oil, and honey.
- Pour the dressing over the salad, toss well, and add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
Tim's Note: Don't pair with shiraz wine. The flavors don't complement each other. :)
Liz's Rating: 8/10
Tim's Rating: 8/10