Sunday, September 14, 2008

Ina's Roasted Brussels Sprouts


Inspiration:
Brussels Sprouts caught my eye at the Farmers Market, and I had to buy them to make my favorite, yet simple, recipe.


Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts
  • 3 tablespoons good olive oil
  • 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
  2. Cut off the brown ends of the Brussels sprouts and pull off any yellow outer leaves. Mix them in a bowl with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour them on a sheet pan and roast for 35 to 40 minutes, until crisp on the outside and tender on the inside. Shake the pan from time to time to brown the sprouts evenly. Sprinkle with more kosher salt ( Ina likes these salty like French fries), and serve immediately.


Liz's Rating: 10/10
Tim's Rating: 8.5/10

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love love love brussel sprouts, and this is my favorite way to have them. Luckily, I get them all to myself :-)

Anonymous said...

YUM! i think roasting brussels sprouts is SO the bet way to go!

Maria said...

I love roasted sprouts! My husband hates them though. I guess more for me!!

Cate said...

I'm a pretty big fan of brussels sprouts but I've never tried them this way! Thanks for the great idea.