- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 7 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 4 ears corn
- 2 cups elbow pasta
- 1 red onion, 1/2 finely chopped and 1/2 thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 15-ounce can of kidney beans, rinsed
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a medium bowl, combine the lime juice and cilantro; whisk in 6 tablespoons olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the corn until just tender, about 3 minutes; transfer to a cutting board. Return the water to a boil, add the pasta and cook until al dente; drain and transfer to a large bowl. Cut the corn kernels from the cob and add to the pasta.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the chopped onion and chili powder and cook until the onion begins to soften, about 2 minutes. Add the ground beef and cook, stirring frequently, until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a colander and drain well.
- Add the beef mixture to the pasta; season with salt and pepper. Add the kidney beans, tomatoes, sliced onion and vinaigrette and toss to dress. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with the cheese.
Tim's Rating: 8/10 ("It was ok. It wasn't my favorite thing I've ever eaten.")
Liz's Rating: 8/10