Green onions from my CSA, leftover buttermilk, a need for something to serve with Citi's Chicken, and a recipe from Light & Tasty
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- softened butter (just a few tablespoons)
- 1/4-1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Combine the buttermilk, onions and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Lightly spread a small amount of softened butter on the top of each biscuit Sprinkle with a little cheddar cheese. Bake at 400° for 14-18 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
My Notes: I don't use any "cooking spray" type items, so I replaced the cooking sprays in the original recipe with some real butter. I also added a little cheddar since I love cheese!
Recipe Notes: Yields 16 biscuits.
Nutrition Facts for One Biscuit (original recipe):
- Calories: 85
- Fat: 3 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Cholesterol: 1 mg
- Sodium: 124 mg
- Carbohydrate: 12 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 2 g
Liz's Rating: 8.5/10
Tim's Rating: 8.5/10