Katie's recipe for her grandma's chicken. If you haven't checked out Katie's blog yet, you must. Her blog is one of my favorites!
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- 1 egg
- 1 c. yogurt
- 1/8 c. olive oil
- 1/4 c. white wine or chicken stock
- 2 tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 c. flour
- 3 c. cornflakes
- 1 1/2 c. oatmeal
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1 tsp fresh oregano
- Clean and pat dry chicken pieces and place into a large freezer bag. In a blender, combine egg, yogurt, olive oil, wine/stock, salt and pepper and blend on high to whip together. Pour mixture over chicken and seal bag. Make sure marinade is covering all pieces and sides of chicken and place in fridge to marinade. Marinate chicken at least one hour and up to 24.
- Preheat even to 400 degrees. In bowl of food processor, combine remaining ingredients and pulse to a coarse meal, cutting the spices into the breading. Remove from bowl of food processor and place in a shallow dish or wide-bottomed bowl. Line a baking sheet with heavy duty tinfoil and top with wire baking rack. Remove chicken from fridge and with a set of tongs, pull one piece of chicken out of the marinade, shake to remove excess and dredge in breading mixture. Cover completely in breading mixture, shaking lightly to remove excess, and place on wire rack. Repeat with all pieces of chicken.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and place baking sheet in oven. Bake until internal temperature reaches 170 degrees, about 50-60 minutes.
Katie's Notes: "The yogurt based marinade makes the chicken so juicy and tender and the oatmeal and cornflake breading stays really crunchy but light."
My Notes: Katie uses 6 chicken thighs and 6 chicken drumsticks in her recipe. I went with all drumsticks. This is definitely the juiciest, most flavorful baked chicken I have ever tasted! Wow! This will be in our rotation, for sure. Thanks, Katie!
Liz's Rating: 9.5/10