A need to bring a salad to book club tomorrow, and this recipe from Food and Wine.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups fresh corn kernels (from 4 ears)
- 6 medium radishes, halved and thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- In a blender, puree the lime juice, jalapeño, honey and cumin. With the machine on, add the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the corn with the radishes, parsley, red onion and dressing. Season the salad with salt and pepper, transfer to plates and serve.
Suggested Beverage: Hmm... not sure. Beer?
Notes: This is ok, but I much prefer the Black Bean and Corn Salad.
Tim's Rating: n/a (Not a member of book club)
Liz's Rating: 7.5/10