A recipe on our CSA's newsletter
- 1 bunch turnips, tops removed, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch spinach, trimmed, washed, and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar to taste
- Toss turnip cubes in colander with salt. Let stand 15 minutes, tossing occasionally. Pat dry turnip cubes.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a very large skillet on moderately high heat. Add turnips and toss until lightly browned, 4-5 minutes.
- Add garlic and chili flakes and sauté another minute or so.
- Spread spinach over turnips, pressing down firmly. Cover and reduce head to low, cook 2 minutes. Toss, re-cover and cook until turnips are tender, 2 or 3 more minutes.
- Transfer to a serving dish, add remaining oil and vinegar to taste. Serve.
Notes: This made enough for a side dish for 2-3 people. It's pretty tasty! I will be making this again the next time I get turnips from my CSA.
Tim's Rating: 8/10
Liz's Rating: 8/10