A recipe from our CSA's newsletter (Our farmer's wife is a chef.)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced shallot
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- pinch ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cups mixed greens, washed and dried
- grape tomatoes, chopped carrots, green onions, celery, other salad fixings (optional)
- Combine vinegar, shallot, mustard (if using), salt, and pepper in a bowl with a fork. Add oil, then whisk or mix with fork until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Place greens in large salad bowl. Drizzle with the dressing and toss until greens are evenly coated. Serve immediately.
Recipe Notes: The dressing will separate after 5 or 10 minutes, so use immediately or mix again before tossing with greens.
Tim's Rating: 9/10
Liz's Rating: 9/10