Broccoli from our CSA and this recipe
- 4 cups fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 5/8 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- Place broccoli in a steamer over 1 inch of boiling water, and cover. Cook until tender but still firm, about 2 to 6 minutes. Drain.
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat and add flour; cook until bubbly. Stir in onion and gradually add milk, stirring well. Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Stir in cheese and eggs; mix well. Combine mixture with broccoli and transfer to a small casserole dish.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
Notes: Definitely not the healthiest broccoli recipe, but it's pretty tasty!
Liz's Rating: 8/10
Tim's Rating: 9/10 ("Is this quiche?")