Xelma Q. Pitzl's recipe in the Saint Paul Farmers' Market Cookbook
as well as green beans from our CSA
- 1 lb. fresh green beans (about 3 cups of 1-inch cuts)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt and black pepper to taste
- chopped almonds if desired
- Trim ends of green beans and cut into bite-sized pieces approximately 1-inch long. Cook the beans in a small amount of water until tender; about 15 to 20 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Place oil in saucepan and and heat on medium-low heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until onion is tender. Add cumin and coriander and mix well. Add the green beans and stir. Salt and pepper to taste. Chopped almonds can be added if desired but dish is equally as good without.
Makes 3-4 Servings.
"The seasonings make the green beans sensational. They are so flavorful that people who hate green beans love them when prepared this way."
Well Xelma Q. Pitzl created a good recipe! I am not a huge fan of green beans; I think this is one of my favorite preparations. Tim loves green beans and ate these up.
Tim's Rating: 8/10
Liz's Rating: 8/10