Adapted from Everyday Food: Great Food Fast
- 1.5 pounds ground chicken
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons of minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Coarse salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 6-8 pieces of naan (or 4 whole wheat pitas)
- 1 cucumber, halved lengthwise and sliced on the diagonal (optional)
- fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- coarse salt and ground pepper
- In a medium bowl, combine the chicken, scallions, ginger, lemon juice, paprika, cumin, and cayenne. Add salt and pepper to taste; mix well. Set aside for at least 10 or up to 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine ingredients for cumin-yogurt sauce.
- Make 6-8 patties, and grill or fry for 2-3 minutes per side or until done.
- Put two pieces of naan on each plate. Place one patty on each, as well as cucumber (if used), a few sprigs of cilantro and the cumin-yogurt sauce and serve.
Liz's Rating: 9.5/10