Parsley from our CSA and Everyday Food
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 bone-in loin pork chops, (about 8 ounces each)
- Mince lemon zest; combine in a small bowl with parsley, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over high heat. Season pork chops on both sides with salt and pepper. Cook in skillet until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- Add 1/2 cup water to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover, and simmer gently until pork is cooked through, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer pork chops to a platter or serving plates; drizzle with pan juices as desired, and sprinkle with lemon-parsley mixture.
Notes: This is a yummy, fresh-tasting recipe. It would be perfect for winter when we need some freshness for our taste buds, since quality lemon and parsley are available year-round.
Tim's Rating: 9/10
Liz's Rating: 9.5/10