Turnips and scallions from our CSA and this recipe.
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter
- 3 lb turnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 21/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Melt butter in a wide 5-quart heavy pot over moderate heat, then add turnips, stirring until well coated. Add broth, sugar, and salt and bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until turnips are just tender, 25 to 30 minutes.
Continue to boil turnips, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until liquid is reduced enough to just glaze turnips, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with scallions and parsley.
Liz's Rating: 8/10
Tim's Rating: 8/10