An attempt to eat more meatless meals
- 8 whole-wheat tortillas
- 1 2-cup bag of shredded Monterey Jack or Mexican Blend cheese
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn (either cut from two ears or frozen, not canned)
- 2 T minced red onion
- Sour cream and salsa
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet on high.
- Meanwhile, lay out four tortillas on a flat surface. Sprinkle 1/4 cup corn, 1/4 cup beans, 1/2 T red onion, and 1/4-1/2 cup cheese on each.
- Make sure oil is hot. Place quesadilla in oil; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover with other four tortillas.When tortilla has browned, flip and cook until cheese is melted.
- Cut into quarters and serve with sour cream and salsa.
Notes: Serves two to four.
Liz's Rating: 9/10