This post on Brooke's blog, with the original recipe coming from allrecipes.com
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1 cup reduced fat sour cream
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chile peppers
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Kernels from two steamed ears of corn (or 1 cup frozen kernels)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- In a large pot, bring the rice and chicken broth to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 1-1/2 quart casserole dish.
- In the pot with the cooked rice, mix the sour cream, green chile peppers, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese, corn, and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the prepared casserole dish, and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake uncovered 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
Tim's Rating: 10/10
Liz's Rating: 9.5/10