A recipe from Bon Appétit Magazine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 5 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 8 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 large bunch or 2 small bunches Swiss chard, tough stalks removed, coarsely chopped (about 12 cups)
- 1 pound red lentils (about 2 1/4 cups)
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans (chickpeas), drained
- Plain yogurt
- Heat oil in heavy large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté until golden, about 13 minutes. Mix in curry and cayenne. Add broth and chard. Increase heat; bring to boil. Add lentils and garbanzos; reduce heat to medium.
- Cover; simmer until lentils are tender, stirring twice, about 10 minutes. Divide stew among bowls. Top with yogurt.
Notes: Serves 4-6
Tim's Rating: 9/10
Liz's Rating: 9/10