- 1 cup cream (or half-and-half, milk or a combination) gently heated just until warm
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup grated Gruyère
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon cayenne, or to taste
- Butter as needed
- Heat oven to 325 degrees and set rack in middle of it. Combine all ingredients except butter and beat until well blended.
- Pour into 4 to 6 buttered ramekins and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until almost firm; it should still jiggle just a little in middle. Cool on a rack, then serve warm or at room temperature.
Tim's Rating: 10/10 ("This is the best quiche I've ever had. It's much better than the big quiches.")
Liz's Rating: 10/10