Yukon Gold potatoes sitting in my potato bin and this recipe.
- 5 medium Yukon Gold or red potatoes, diced with peel
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 eggs
- 8 T whole milk or half and half
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Arrange the potatoes and onions in a greased 9x13 inch baking dish so that they are evenly distributed. Season with garlic powder, salt and chili powder. Drizzle with olive oil. Stir to coat potatoes and onions with oil and spices.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, until potatoes are fork tender and slightly crispy. Stir every 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat eggs with milk, using a wire whisk or a fork.
- When potatoes are tender, pour egg mixture into pan and stir. Return to oven, stirring every 2-3 minutes or until eggs are cooked to your liking.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with cheese. Wait about 5 minutes for the cheese to melt before serving.
Notes: You could scramble the eggs separately, if desired. This was not as spicy as I thought it would be, but that is not a complaint. It was really good.
Tim's Rating: 8/10
Liz's Rating: 8/10