Giada De Laurentiis
- 1 pound dried orecchiette or other small shaped pasta
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cup Italian-seasoned dried bread crumbs
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup finely chopped prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large pot, bring to a boil 6 quarts of salted water.
- Cook pasta until al dente, about 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium-sized saute pan, heat the oil until warm. Since the bread crumbs will cook quickly, you don't want to add them into a hot pan, otherwise they can burn.
- Add the breadcrumbs and stir constantly. Season lightly with salt and pepper since flavored bread crumbs may already have seasoning. Saute for about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Drain pasta in a colander.
- Working quickly, add pasta to the saute pan and stir to combine. Add Parmesan and the chopped prosciutto. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour into large serving bowl and garnish with chopped parsley.
Tim's Rating: ?/10
Liz's Rating: 10/10