Tuesday, March 31, 2009

TWD: Coconut Butter Thins

Inspiration:
Kelly of The Barefoot Kitchen Witch chose this week's recipe and will be posting it on her blog.

These aren't pretty, but they are delicious.

I loved these cookies! They have a shortbread texture with just a hint of coconut and lime. When I make these again (and I will), I will double the lime zest.

These remind me of the World Peace Cookies, which has been my favorite TWD recipe so far. I might try the method used this week with the World Peace Cookies next time; it was much easier than slicing the rolls of frozen dough.

Do any long-time members think I have missed a recipe I'd love that is similar to the World Peace Cookies and these? (I have only been with the group since January.)


Tim's Rating: 9.5/10 ("I don't taste coconut or lime. Oh I taste a little lime. These taste like butter. These are really good.")
Liz's Rating: 9.5/10

13 comments:

Leslie said...

Wow, your cookies held their shape better than any I've seen! I also plan to double the lime zest next time, I think that would take these up a notch in deliciousness. Great idea to use the bag with the World Peace cookies!!

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Wow, those look lovely!!

Erin said...

These look lovely! You should try the Brown Sugar Shortbread cookies. They have great flavor. It was actually the very first TWD recipe!

Jennifer said...

Your idea for the WPC is brilliant! I love those, too, and they are difficult to slice. (Maybe that's because we never sharpen our knives?)

I loved these cookies, too.

Flourchild said...

Great looking cookies. I was very pleased with this recipe and will make it again!

Pamela said...

I loved these, too. And you're right, the bag method might work with the WPC. Nice job!

weezermonkey said...

I love Tim's comment.

Unknown said...

Nice job, your cookies look wonderful!

margot said...

I think your cookies look pretty. Glad you liked them!

Teanna said...

Ooooh! I'll try the world peace method and slice these as well! That sounds so much easier!

TeaLady said...

Cookies look just right, and very elegant on that pretty plate. Nice job.

Maria said...

Nice job on the cookies, they look perfect!

Elyse said...

Oh, I'd venture to say that these cookies are quite pretty--and they certainly look delicious. I love the flavor combinations going on here. So glad your blog popped up in my google recommended feeds!! Can't wait to keep reading more.