The Amazing Race's pit stop in Russia
- 1/4 c milk
- 2 lb chicken breasts, boned & skinned
- 5 ea white bread slices
- 1/4 lb unsalted butter
- 3/4 ts salt
- 1/2 ts white pepper
- 2 c dried bread crumbs
- 10 tb unsalted butter
- Put 5 bread slices in a bowl and pour in the milk. Soak the bread for 15 minutes. Squeeze the bread dry being careful not to tear it up.
- Grind the chicken fine then combine with the bread slices. Gradually beat in the 1/4 lb of butter that you have softened, along with the salt & pepper, until the mixture is smooth.
- Make 6 patties from this mixture. Roll them in the bread crumbs coating them completely.
- Take the 10 tablespoons of butter and clarify them in large skillet over a low heat. Remove from heat and allow to sit for 3 minutes so the whey will settle out. Spoon off the clear butter, dump the whey, and return 6 tablespoons of the butter to the skillet. Place over a medium- high heat and when hot fry the patties
for approx. 5-6 minutes per side or until done to suit your taste.
- Serve at once, pour remaining butter over the patties. Very good with a dollop of plain yogurt or sour cream on each patty.
Notes: Wow. I was not expecting to love this recipe as much as I did. I used one pound of local ground chicken breast from my co-op, made my own breadcrumbs from white bread, and otherwise followed the (halved) recipe. I will definitely be making this again! I think it would be wonderful in a Chicken Parmigiana-type meal.
Liz's Rating: 9.5/10
Tim's Rating: 9.5/10