Tuesday, March 3, 2009

TWD: Mini Chocolate Armagnac Cakes

Inspiration:
Lyb of And Then I Do The Dishes chose the Chocolate Armagnac Cake and will be posting the recipe.


After discussing this recipe with Bridget, I decided to only prepare one third of the recipe and fill as many ramekins as necessary... which ended up being two. I decided not to glaze them, but I would do so if I were making the cake for a group. I enjoyed making this recipe-- it was definitely different than any chocolate cakes I have made before! I loved the moist texture.

The recipe had a few different options; I went with the ground walnuts, prunes, and brandy.


Tim's Rating: 8.5/10
Liz's Rating : 8.5/10


Next week on TWD: Lemon Cup Custard

11 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Love your variation!!

Jennifer said...

I love the mini's! SO adorable!

Anonymous said...

They're so cute in ramekins!

Ah, small batch baking. I get so happy whenever I get to make the full recipe for anything. I ended up making 2/3 of this one.

Jennifer said...

The mini cakes are adorable!

I really enjoyed this recipe, especially since I got to light something on fire.
Plus, it tasted really good, too.

chocolatechic said...

I made little bitty ones too.

Yours look great.

Anonymous said...

I love your ramekin cake. Perfect size!

Sarah said...

oh mother effer, why did I give up chocolate for Lent again?....

Linda said...

Your mini-cakes are too cute!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the mini cakes! I'm all about the portion control and those are just right!

Unknown said...

Glad you enjoyed the recipe! The mini cakes are adorable.

Maria said...

The cakes look look amazing!! I haven't made this one yet! I need to!