Tuesday, March 10, 2009

TWD: Lemon Curd Custard

Inspiration:
Bridget, one of my favorite food bloggers, chose this week's recipe. She will post the recipe on her blog today.

I halved the recipe and filled three ramekins. I added one clove to the milk along with the lemon zest, which gave it a nice flavor.

The texture of this custard is like flan. I am not a huge fan of flan. If you are, I highly suggest you try this recipe!

Tim's Rating: 6/10 ("It has nothing to do with you. I didn't like the consistency.")
Liz's Rating: 6.5/10 (due to flan-like texture)

12 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Sorry that you weren't too impressed with it - I love flan, so this is perfect for me, haha :-D

doughmesstic said...

I got the flan impression myself. Glad I am not the only one!

What's Cookin Chicago said...

I thought it was very much like a flan but I'm a flan fan so I enjoyed it. Looks delicious and sorry it wasn't one you enjoyed as much as you hoped!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I really like that top picture. It's good thing I don't mind flan-like textures, or I wouldn't have liked my own choice!

Maria said...

Sorry about this one. I posted lemon cookies today, you should try those:)

Jennifer said...

I wasn't a huge fan, either, but am glad I tried it. Surprisingly, it wasn't the texture, but the egginess that I wasn't fond of.

Anonymous said...

At least it got 6's or above. It's not a complete failure.

Your custard looks beautiful.

Pamela said...

I skipped this week, but your custards look pretty!

Megan said...

I love your rating system - too cute. I should get my husband to do that.

weezermonkey said...

Hmm. I love flan. Mr. Monkey does not.

TeaLady said...

So many didn't like this one. The flavor was a little low, but I like custard, so didn't matter to me. Yours looks good even tho' you didn't care for it much.

Unknown said...

The texture of this one didn't work for me either! Your cups do look beautiful though!