Thursday, March 19, 2009

Goat Cheese and Roasted Corn Quesadillas

Inspiration:
Cooking Light

I love quesadillas. I make them a lot, especially when I don't feel like cooking or have leftover ingredients sitting in my fridge.

I found this recipe and had all of the ingredients on hand. It was a nice, quick lunch that I could enjoy while my non-goat-cheese-loving husband was working on a weekend afternoon.

I substituted canola oil for the cooking spray and used frozen corn kernels since we don't have fresh available this time of year. I would not suggest using flour tortillas (too gummy); corn tortillas are best for any non-burrito recipe!


Liz's Rating: 9/10

14 comments:

HaveShoesWillTravel said...

Yum. I love quesadillas too. My favorite are Mediterranean ones that have chicken, olives, and feta cheese.

Anonymous said...

I really love quesadillas, too, and what a great combo! I much prefer corn tortillas. Mmm.

Unknown said...

I have a non-goat cheese loving husband too!

Did you substitute frozen corn? I'm sure it'll probably be ok but I thought I would ask.

Liz said...

Nicole--

I did substitute frozen corn since we don't have fresh corn available. I will update my notes!

Liz

Jennifer said...

I really love quesadillas, too, and love to experiment with them. They are the ideal vehicle for that, since if one is a flop you can easily just make another!

Sometimes we do "quesadilla night" which is similar to pizza night (without my having to make dough, LOL) and I let the kids and hubby put their own fillings in. It's a super easy dinner. (And good way to use up leftovers, especially when we've had tacos or fajitas and have leftovers)

Anonymous said...

YUM! I saw these in Cooking Light and have been meaning to make them. I love quesadillas and how can you go wrong with goat cheese?

Kira said...

I've been meaning to make these too! Yum, they look delicious. We have quesadillas for Sunday lunches fairly frequently.

Sarah said...

Thanks to you I have an extensive list of meals to cook once my insane "no dairy" lenten curse is lifted!

weezermonkey said...

Fantabulous.

Kerstin said...

Beautiful picture - they look delicious and you can't go wrong with goat cheese!

I love how you rate your recipes - very cute blog!

Maria said...

We eat quesadillas a lot. I will have to try them with goat cheese next time around!

Gina said...

I love goat cheese too! Yum...these look great!

Elizabeth said...

I made these too Liz - I thought they were awesome! Your pictures really do them justice!

nicole said...

I love the flavor combo of this!