Friday, January 23, 2009

Portobello Mushroom Fries

Inspiration:
Big City Cooking


Ingredients:
  • 4 portobello mushrooms
  • 1 c. all purpose flour
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 c. panko bread crumbs
  • salt and pepper
  • Olive oil

Instructions:
  1. Preheat oven to 425F. Make assembly line with flour, eggs, and bread crumbs. Slice mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Dredge mushrooms in flour, eggs, and bread crumbs. Place on oiled pan.
  2. Drizzle with extra oil and put in oven and cook for 15-20 minutes.

Notes:
These are best fresh out of the oven.I served these with my Tomato Basil Soup and a salad with a basic balsamic vinaigrette. They would also be delicious as an appetizer, served with a tomato-based dipping sauce.


Tim's Rating: 8/10
Liz's Rating: 8.5/10

11 comments:

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

Those look fantastic!!

Hilary said...

These look great and sound perfect as an app for the Superbowl!

Sarah said...

Great idea!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pic! These look great. i love mushrooms.

What's Cookin Chicago said...

Love the pic and those fries look delicious!

nicole said...

I am so glad you tried these, and liked them! I sent your site to my sister who introduced me to the orginal version.

I love your blog and am so excited you check in on mine!

uncanny said...

You have been awarded a blog award! Swing by http://adventuresinmyfreezer.blogspot.com/ if you'd like to see it!

And these, as usual, look mouth-wateringly delicious.

weezermonkey said...

I hate mushrooms, and this looks good even to me!

Elizabeth said...

I am totally weak to mushrooms and french fries. Two of my favorite foods - combine them and I don't think I could handle it! AMAZING!

Unknown said...

I must say this is a fabulous idea. I love portabellos and as fries, OMG!! YUMM!! Great photos too. I want one now!! Or 2?

Unknown said...

You did a great job. Nice photo and healthy food recipes. Thanks for sharing those stuff.