Food & Wine
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest plus 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 1/4 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a blender, combine the lemon zest and juice, shallots, mustard, vinegar and garlic and puree until smooth. With the machine on, slowly add the olive oil until emulsified. Pour the vinaigrette into a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
Recipe Notes: This vinaigrette is also great drizzled over grilled fish, chicken or vegetables.
Notes: I will be making this again and again. I can't wait to try it with cooked veggies, chicken or fish.
Tim's Rating: 9.5/10
Liz's Rating: 10/10
Brother-in-law Chris: "This tastes like it came from a restaurant!"