- 1 1/2 cups chicken (or vegetable) broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) tomatoes, drained and crushed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon leaf oregano, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups shredded Mexican blend of cheeses
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onions
- 12-16 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- chopped cilantro and sour cream to garnish
- In a saucepan, combine chicken broth, crushed tomatoes, chili powder, oregano, cumin, garlic powder, and salt.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups cheese and onions.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Warm tortillas in microwave then dip them in the tomato sauce mixture; lay them in a lightly greased 9x13x2-inch casserole dish.
- Fill each tortilla with cheese and onion mixture; roll. Repeat until dish is full.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove remaining tomatoes from liquid and place on enchiladas. Discard liquid.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Top with sour cream and chopped cilantro.
Tim's Rating: 8/10
Liz's Rating: 10/10