USA WEEKEND columnist Jean Carper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed or minced
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups chopped raw kale (one bunch)
- 6 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 (15 ounce) cans white beans, such as cannellini or navy, undrained
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped, or one can of diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Penzey's Bavarian-Style Seasoning (or dried Italian herb seasoning)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- In a large pot, heat olive oil.
- Add garlic and onion; sauté until soft.
- Add kale and sauté, stirring, until wilted.
- Add broth, beans, tomatoes, herbs, salt and pepper. Simmer 20 minutes. Ladle into bowls.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and chopped parsley.
Tim's Rating: 10/10
Liz's Rating: 9/10