Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Report

A brief report on Thanksgiving:

The biggest surprise hit was the Cranberry Sauce with Spiced Pumpkin Seeds. Tim gave it a 10. I will definitely make it again next year.

The other dish given a 10 by my favorite taste tester: his mom's recipe for Scalloped Corn.

The Bacon and Herb Roast Turkey Breast was tasty. Other than needing to cook longer than stated in the recipe, it was easy to make. I would make it again. The Sausage Stuffing/Dressing was good, but nothing special. I still love it. Mom's Mashed Potatoes and Gravy, made with cream cheese, were yummy. I made Sautéed Kale but added a little too much salt (whoops).

I loved the Pumpkin Spice Cake and it was a nice alternative to pie. I will definitely make it again next year, for any fall occasion.

Oh, and both varieties of wine, Cristalino Cava Brut NV and Ravenswood 2006 Petit Sirah, were hits.

6 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

What a great variation to the traditional cranberry sauce! You picture of it is stunning and everything else that graced your Thanksgiving table sounds wonderful!

weezermonkey said...

Beautiful pic!
Beautiful sauce!

Sarah said...

that cranberry sauce sounds mind-blowing

LizNoVeggieGirl said...

The cranberry sauce is my favorite part of the Thanksgiving meal!! :-)

Anonymous said...

I would have NEVER thought to combine roasted pumpkin seeds and cranberry sauce, but it sounds absolutely AMAZINGLY good!!!

Erin said...

Wow, that looks great! We had cranberry sauce (just the canned stuff) that my mom bought, opened, put in a bowl in the fridge, and promptly forgot about :) Oops!