My friends C. & S. threw a fantastic fall party this past weekend: Das Boot Fall Fest 2008. As a houseguest, I was able to assist in the preparations and thought I would share them here!
Upon entering the party, guests were given their own "boot" The boots were conveniently attached to lanyards.
Stickers were available to decorate the boots (or anything else). C. is very crafty!
Guests were asked to wear boots on the invitation. They could wear any sort of boots-- cowboy boots, regular leather boots, snow boots, rain boots, colorful boots, and/or funny boots found at thrift stores. There was a huge range of boots. I wish I took more photos.
Even the smallest party guest wore boots! How cute is he?
Too bad he won't be able to fully partake until Das Boot Fest 2029!
Guests voted for winners in varying categories, and the winners took home German chocolate bars that C. and I bought at a local German deli.
On to the food:
- pretzel bar with varying types of pretzels (hard and soft) and flavored mustards
- small sandwiches made from thinly-sliced grilled brats, Trader Joe's soft pretzel rolls, and spicy mustard (sauerkraut available on the side)
- spätzle, topped with carmelized onions and cheese and baked
- dill dip with carrots and radishes
- rye bread with butter
- cheese platter
- assorted desserts (brought by guests)
spätzle as found at a German deli:
spätzle and soft pretzels baking
crockpot for meatballs, open spot for the bratwurst sandwiches, bowl of sauerkraut, veggies and rye bread
I am already looking forward to Das Boot Fall Fest 2009!