Sunday, August 24, 2008

Potato, Leek, and Corn Soup

Inspiration:
Potatoes, leeks, corn, and parsley from our CSA

Ingredients/Instructions:
This recipe, adapted from SimplyRecipes.

Notes:
This recipe is obviously vegetarian if vegetarian broth is used (vegan if the butter and broth are replaced). It's very easy to make. I used red potatoes with thin skins, so I left the skins on. I used kernels from two cobs of corn and added some imported grated parmesan at the end. Sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve with crusty bread and a glass of wine.

My photo quality will probably continue to deteriorate as we go from 17 hours of sunlight to 7... it's too depressing to think about, so I'll leave it at that.

Tim's Rating: 10/10
Liz's Rating: 9/10

4 comments:

MrsSchoon said...

This looks great! I love leeks.

weezermonkey said...

So many good things in one soup!

Anonymous said...

Ooh, I saw the skins and thought "oh darn, ham." But it wasn't! Yay! This looks like a great veg. recipe. Thanks!

Erin said...

I am also sad about the decreasing hours of sunlight and how it will affect my food photos... I'm confident you will still make everything look great though!