My high school "hot lunch"
- white bread
- softened butter
- pepperoni (regular or turkey)
- shredded mozzarella or "pizza blend" cheese
- pizza sauce
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Warm pizza sauce in pot or microwave. Heat griddle. Butter two slices of bread. On non-buttered side, layer pepperoni, cheese, and 1-2 tablespoons sauce. Assemble sandwich with buttered sides out.
- Cook until brown on each side.
- Serve with remaining pizza sauce.
Tim's Rating: 10/10
Liz's Rating: 10/10