Savory Safari, adapted by Big City Cooking
- Two cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed & drained
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup whipping cream, at room temperature
- 3 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tsp. grated fresh ginger
- ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Asian chili garlic sauce
- 1/2 tsp. curry powder
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. garam masala
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and cook 2-3 minutes. Add chickpeas and toast, stirring frequently, for another 2 minutes or so.
- Add tomato sauce and bring to a simmer. Stir in all remaining spices and check seasoning, adding more of your favorite spices if desired.
- Whisk in cream and return to a gentle simmer, stirring frequently.
- Begin adding spinach in batches. Once all spinach is added, turn the heat down very low and cover. Simmer 5 minutes covered, and hold warm until ready to serve.
This was SO quick and easy and so good! I think we'll be making it often. It's a perfect winter weeknight meal.
Tim's Rating: 9.5/10
Liz's Rating: 9.5/10