The last week of regular season NFL football
Pink Parsley's recipe
- 4 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
- 8 ounces Pepper jack cheese, cut into 2-inch cubes
- 2 cups salsa
- Optional garnishes: shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, sliced green onions, crushed tortilla chips, extra salsa, tabasco
- Combine the beans, cheese, and salsa in a crockpot. Nestle the chicken breasts into the mixture, and cook on low 6-8 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts, shred with a fork, and return to crockpot. Stir to combine, and serve with desired garnishes.
I thought that a little more tomato would be good. I'd consider replacing one can of beans with one big can of stewed tomatoes or additional salsa, and I'd maybe add a little cumin. Tim was completely satisfied with the recipe as written. It's so easy, I think he can make it next time!
Tim's Rating: 10/10
Liz's Rating: 9/10