Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Easiest Chicken Chili

Inspiration:
The last week of regular season NFL football
and
Pink Parsley's recipe


Ingredients:
  • 4 cans white beans, drained and rinsed
  • 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of fat
  • 8 ounces Pepper jack cheese, cut into 2-inch cubes
  • 2 cups salsa
  • Optional garnishes: shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado, sliced green onions, crushed tortilla chips, extra salsa, tabasco

Instructions:
  1. Combine the beans, cheese, and salsa in a crockpot. Nestle the chicken breasts into the mixture, and cook on low 6-8 hours.
  2. Remove chicken breasts, shred with a fork, and return to crockpot. Stir to combine, and serve with desired garnishes.

Notes:
I thought that a little more tomato would be good. I'd consider replacing one can of beans with one big can of stewed tomatoes or additional salsa, and I'd maybe add a little cumin. Tim was completely satisfied with the recipe as written. It's so easy, I think he can make it next time!


Tim's Rating: 10/10
Liz's Rating: 9/10

2 comments:

HaveShoesWillTravel said...

I've never made chili before but we've been talking about it. I think we'll try this soon.

Insomniac said...

I love those chunks of avocado. Nice color and so friggin good.