- 1 1/4 cups uncooked macaroni
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese - the recipe calls for reduced fat, but I only believe in full-fat cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- a few grinds of a pepper mill
- Cook pasta in a medium saucepan according to package directions.Transfer to a colander.
- In the same saucepan, combine the milk and flour over medium heat, stirring with a whisk.
- Cook, stirring constantly until thickened (about 2 minutes).
- Add cheese, salt, and pepper, and continue whisking until all the cheese is melted.
- Turn off heat, stir in the pasta, and let sit for a few minutes before serving.
This is SO easy, and it only uses one pot. Easy to make, easy to clean up. It's really rich, so I would suggest serving it with a salad, steamed spinach or broccoli, or something similar.
Tim's Rating: 8/10
Liz's Rating: 8/10