Cold-Weather Cooking, my mom Jeanne, and "Auntie" Sharon
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup unsalted margarine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh rosemary, or 1 Tbsp dried, coarsely chopped
- 3 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 to 2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 3 1/2 Tbsp coarsely cracked black pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 lbs large shrimp, in shells (preferably deveined)
- 2 whole lemons, thinly sliced and seeds removed
- 2 loaves French bread, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Melt the butter and margarine together in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the garlic, rosemary, Worcestershire, and enough Tabasco to impart the desired spiciness. Add the pepper and salt.
- Place the shrimp in a large, shallow baking dish and pour the butter mixture over them. Tuck the lemon slices in and around the shrimp.
- Back the shrimp, turning them once, halfway through, until tender and just cooked through (pink), 20-25 minutes.
- Place the shrimp on a trivet in the center of the dining table.
- Let the guests serve themselves on plates and offer plenty of bread for dunking into the delicious sauce. Be sure to have an empty dish on hand for the discarded shells.
Tim's Rating: 8/10
Liz's Rating: 10/10