I had a some cottage cheese and lots of fresh veggies from our CSA. A little googling led me to Grandpa's Home Cooking.
- 1 tomato (heirlooms preferred; quarter and slice into chunks)
- 1 cucumber (quarter and slice into chunks)
- 1 bunch of green pencil onions (sliced thin)
- 1 fist full of fresh basil leaves (chopped)
- 24 oz container of large curd, 4% milk fat cottage cheese
- A pretty serving bowl
- Empty the contents of the cottage cheese container in a bowl. Add the tomato and cucumber chunks, round pencil onion slices, and chopped basil. Stir the vegetables and cottage cheese together. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon into a pretty serving bowl and set it on the table.
Notes: I know not everyone is a fan of cottage cheese, but I am, and I really enjoyed this salad. The crunch of the cucumbers and the flavor of fresh basil make the dish.
Liz's Rating: 8.5/10
Tim's Rating: 8/10