This week, my friend Brooke declared it's easy to make corn tortillas and that they're delicious.
I immediately headed to Amazon to order a tortilla press and to my co-op to search for Masa Harina. They had it, but if you can't find it, you can order it online.
- 1 cup Masa Harina (will make approximately 6 6-inch tortillas)
- Shredded Cheddar
- Hot Sauce
- Optional: cooked sausage, vegetables, other taco ingredients
- Mix Masa Harina with scant 1 cup hot water and a dash of salt. Once combined, cover and set aside for one hour.
- When dough is ready, roll into 2-inch balls. Press in a tortilla press lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Heat griddle to hot. Cook tortillas approximately 1 minute on each side. Keep warm in towels until other ingredients are ready.
- Scramble eggs and season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble tacos and enjoy!
Notes: Very easy to make! I don't know what took me so long to try it, but I don't think we'll ever purchase tortillas again.