A side dish tasted at Mesa Grill over a year ago that we couldn't forget. I finally looked online to see if a recipe was available when we received corn from our CSA. It was!
- 8 ears fresh corn, silks removed, husk on, soaked in cold water 30 minutes
- Canola oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup creme fraiche
- 2 limes, juiced and 1 zested
- 1 tablespoons ancho chili powder
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup grated cotija
- Heat grill to high. Grill corn until charred on all sides, 10 or so minutes. Take off the grill and remove the kernels with a sharp knife. While you are cutting the corn, put a cast iron skillet on the grill to heat.
- Add the corn and the remaining ingredients to the hot pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until creamy and heated through.
Notes: Cotija is the food of the gods. This is a fantastic recipe to enjoy the sweet corn of summer.
Tim's Rating: 10/10
Liz's Rating: 10/10